1. When high-top Reeboks in pink or white were the rage and you wore them with everything!
2. Leg warmers--don't need to say anything else
3. When a red Celica was a cool car and you were lucky if you got one at graduation(Thanks Daddy!)
4. When the quarter pounder from McDonald's came in Styrofoam and you didn't think about the calories or the environment!
5. When Joe Jackson was hot--pretty women walking down the street with Gorillas at their side!
6. When every gym played Elvis Costello's Pump it Up during Aerobics and Jane Fonda was the queen of fitness--yep my girls remember those tapes from when they were in elementary school.
7. When basketball was all about the Lakers and the Celtics
8. When I didn't even know what immigration status was. Like seriously, I never even heard the term until Reagan's amnesty deal in the late 80s.
9. Dancing in a club to the B52's Private Idaho and thinking it would be cool to dress like those chicks.
10. When our only enemy was the Russians
11. The Soviet Union...Jeez, now there is like a gazillion countries. The map is so complex and confusing!
12. Waiting in line all night to see Jaws 3d and thinking, wow, that was great technology.
13. When the portable computer was the IBM desktop because it was "luggable."
14. The floppy disk
15. It was more common to pay with cash rather than a credit card. Seriously, you had to carry cash because fastfood and a lot of places didn't take credit cards.
16. When the 60s were the flashback that was cool. Yep, I went to Toga Parties and listened to Dylan.
17. The side ponytail on the top of your head...if you are under 30 don't be mad if your mom did it to you in the 90s, she did it to herself first!
18. Billy Idol...White Wedding
19. Crossing the borders into Canada and Mexico without identification
20. smoking in bars and on airplanes! And no one thinking it was wrong!