1. I launched with my favorite book and didn't know anything about launching a book, so my poor Chrissie has struggled a bit.
2. It doesn't hurt to publish in multiple genres. I went Historical Romance October 6th and have had 2 best sellers: When the Perfect Comes and Face to Face
3. Traditional publishing moves at a snail's pace. I've published 4 books while we've been in discussion, and I don't see an end to discussion in sight.
4. Readers are wonderful beings. Beyond reviews I am always touched at the number of emails and kind posts I receive on my author page.
5. It takes a village to sell a book, so having a wonderful team of author friends really helps. If you don't have one, get one. If nothing else it makes the road more fun.
So, I think I might be planning something special for my anniversary. Not sure what yet. But I should have a party shouldn't I? Surviving 6 months as an Indie Author is no small thing. It is an amazingly challenging process to prep a book for release, and I'm going at a pace of 1 book a month moving forward unless I decide I need some sleep.
So to all my readers, those who follow me and those who loyally buy my books, thank you so much. You've made the first six months of this chapter of my life a remarkable thing. Magic can happen over 50. So keep dropping by. Say hello. Send me those emails. Love Love Love them. Or just show me some love on Facebook Or you can like my author page on Amazon .
I WISH YOU ALL PEACE!