Before you release your first book, when you write you don't really have a feeling of expectation about what you write. You enjoy the process. It's basically something you have to do( at least for me the last 35years) And you write pretty much what makes you happy. I wonder how many authors started writing because they wanted to write books they like. And lets face it. I'm kind of quirky. I didn't expect anyone else to like what I like.
So, it's been this last year has been a very unexpected thing and at times a mind blower. I really never expected anyone to buy my books, then like my books, then make sure I know that they are waiting for the next book book. Once the author/reader relationship is created, the game changes and so does how an author feels about what they write. At least it did for me.
I find it harder to write because I am always worried will this disappoint...have I gone too far...will they hate me for this? I've always known how each of my fictional universes end, the complete story of my poor messed up girls, but some of it I never intended to tell anyone. Gulp. And now I'm doing it.
So here is where we are on the release schedule 2015 and my finishing off my giant fictional universe and my individual series fictional universes:
1. The Girl in the Comfortable Quiet~Last Half Shell Book~June 30th
2. Broken Crown~First Sand & Fog Book ~Releasing July 2015( I can't wait for the cover reveal on this one)
3. One Forever Kiss~Final book Affair without End Series~July 2015
4. Love Me Forever~First book~The Deverell Family Saga~ August 2015
5. The Girl of Sand & Fog ~First book Sand & Fog Series~September 2015
6. The Girl in the Space Between~2nd book Sand & Fog~November 2015
7. 2nd Deverell Family Saga(I don't have a name for it.) December 2015
And then I'm going to be held hostage by my husband in a motor home for six months and figure out what I'm going to do next. This writing while traveling the US; I'm not sure how it's going to work. I may release books in 2016 from the already completed pile until we are done with our first retirement trip. I've got The Merrick Family Saga in that pile, and that would be a good series since I start my historical romance releases with The Deverell Series. But I'm not sure. Oh, and this is a secret between me and you. Don't tell my editor what I'm up to. She thinks she getting some time off this year.
As ever I wish you Peace.